Saturday 18 January 2014

Beautiful disaster- Jamie McGuire

Title: beautiful disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Genre: Adult, Contemporary
Publisher:  Simon & Schuster
Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Summary:
INTENSE. DANGEROUS. ADDICTIVE.

Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match

Review:

Phoof… this book was intense. I read this book within four hours in a stretch, like some crazy madcap.
Beautiful disaster is basically a book about Abby’s and Travis relationship when everything tries to pull them apart, Abby’s dark past and Travis with his huge temper and possessiveness.

Ok so the book starts with Abby and her best friend visiting a fight club where she stumbles upon Travis Maddox who is a fighter and fights in fight clubs. Travis calls her by the name PIGEON …(yeah odd name right). The book is about Abby and travis relationship and its written from Abby’s point of view , and I really like books written in first person narrative, I feel more connected to the characters.

I pretty much liked the characters of the book.

Abby: She is someone who has left her dark past to start a new beginning. She comes across as a very  naive person. Initially she avoids Travis, which made him want her even more, but slowly friendship blossomed between them but she doesn’t realize that Travis loves her..She is like clueless about it, there were times when I felt like slamming her head and telling her to see that how much Travis loves her. Eventually though see sees through it..

Travis: I loved him….i would do anything to have someone like him.he was so dedicated and loyal to the people he loved, be it abby , his family or even his roommate shepley. I loved this quality about him.
Yes he is possessive and there is also an instance when he is out of his mind and he trashes his place, but I wouldn't count him as an abusive person because a lot of people break things when they angry, its true ,it vents out their anger and stress. But he was never violent to Abby in the book like NEVER…yes he was possessive but never violent. I was very jealous of Abby.(I still am)

America & Shepley   : She was very preppy and i LOVED both of them, they were good combo. Their relationship was sweet and nice. Shepley was very supportive of travis and same goes for America, she too took her stands for Abby all the time even if it was against shepley.

The name of the book is BEAUTIFUL DISASTER its perfectly justified because their relationship was crazy..they were crazy about each other, and sometimes it was just INSANE..

 Their relationship was not easy it was really intense and full of angst and jealousy. .Yes there are some things which may seem to be questionable in real life relationship and it may raise the red flags but this is FICTION, and in fiction this counts to passion and zeal. Btw who doesn’t love bad boys heads over heels in love with one special girl, at least I do….

Their relationship was not perfect, but so what. They both together bring out the best of themselves and I think that’s the beauty of a relationship. This book is a roller coaster ride, you’ll enjoy it and would be hooked to it till you turn the last page. So buy it..

Walking disaster review coming shortly.. which is from trvais POV…swooning over him…
*SWEALLLLLLLLLLL*


“I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stand.



“You can’t tell me
what to do anymore, Travis! I don’t belong to you!”
In the second it took him to turn and face me, his
expression had contorted into anger. He stomped toward
me, planting his hands on the bed and leaning into my face.
“WELL I BELONG TO YOU!” The veins in his neck
bulged as he shouted, and I met his glare, refusing to even
flinch. He looked at my lips, panting. “I belong to you.” 
 
Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you...